Introduction to Linocutting
Saturday 9 February, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Devon Applied Arts Workshop at Dunsmore
This one-day course will introduce you to the craft of linocutting, and will cover:
- a brief history of the medium
- examples of other linocutters work
- how best to prepare an image on the plate
- techniques of carving into the plate
- registration tips
- how to approach multi-plate printing
- manipulating and rolling ink
All the materials are provided, which will include two 20cm x 15cm lino squares, cartridge paper, inks, and the loan of tools.
Please note that lunch is not provided, and there is nowhere to buy anything, so although I will be supplying tea and biscuits please bring a packed lunch!